The School of Psychology Nepal (TSOP Nepal) has been founded by Nepali psychologists which is registered as a nonprofit organization at District Administrative Office, Kathmandu in 2011 AD. From the same year, it has been affiliated to Social Welfare Council with the objective of establishing psychological field in Nepal in line with APA and multicultural principles.
Keeping this objective in mind, TSOP Nepal has been involved in various activities such as research, capacity building, training, publication, workshop and community based individual and group psychosocial support in collaboration with like minded individuals and psychologists at national and international fronts including professional associations.
While working in the community setting TSOP has been following mental health psychosocial support model as prescribed by WHO’s Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) Guidelines on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings.
Vision: Psychological wellbeing for a common good
Mission: TSOP Nepal is dedicated towards building a society where people have knowledge, awareness and access to evidence based psychological care in line with cultural norms, values and multicultural aspects.
Objectives and Goals: In order to create a conducive environment TSOP Nepal has developed a three pronged strategy targeting prevention, capacity building and equal access to psychological wellbeing.
- Working for creating an environment and institutional framework within Nepal where scholars from both Western and Eastern lineage come together and freely discuss evidence based psychological practices for common good
- Building alliances with international agencies, psychological associations, societies and professional networks in order to promote field of psychology in Nepal
- Advocacy and lobbying for mainstreaming of psychological issues such as social stigma, discriminatory laws, human resource development and inclusion of mental health and psychosocial wellbeing in primary health care system in the national agenda
- Organization of capacity building programs such training, workshops, and events having national and international significance
- Ensure representation of Nepalese psychologists in international forums
- Promotion psychological well being by providing evidence based individual and group psychotherapy/counseling which is culturally sensitive
- Creation of knowledge and education through conducting and publishing base line and thematic research by focusing on cross cultural psychological issues and nuances